Brushing your teeth everyday, doing the occasional flossing, and gargling with mouthwash are some of the things that we might do in order to ensure our oral health is in check. But the question is, “Is it enough?”.
Oral health and hygiene may not always come to mind when we think of taking care of our general health. But as we grow older, issues such as tooth decay and gum diseases start becoming a factor to our oral health (1).
Read on to learn more teeth and gum care tips.
It helps to be careful with what you eat when thinking about your teeth and gums. The food that we incorporate into our diet actually plays a vital role for the health of our teeth and gums.
You’ll generally always want to have foods that are rich in calcium in your diet. It’s important for both adults and children to have calcium as it plays a role in maintaining the bones that the tooth roots are embedded in. It helps to have foods like milk, yogurt, and cheese in your pantry! (2) If you’re looking for vegan options, you could always go for non-dairy products like soy products, almond milk, beans, and lentils.
On the other hand, it’s important to keep tobacco products like cigarettes away from your mouth as well. Individuals that smoke are more likely to develop gum diseases, and it’s difficult to make sure that your pearly whites stay healthy as well if you smoke often (2).
We all generally have a set routine for our oral hygiene. Whether it be brushing our teeth two to three times a day or flossing after every meal, you can always improve your oral hygiene routine in the smallest ways. These small teeth and gum care tips could make a huge difference for your overall oral health:
We need various nutrients to keep our teeth and gums healthy. Although the best way to get these nutrients is through a balanced diet, this isn’t always possible. One of the best things that you can do is introduce vitamin packs and supplements for your teeth and gum care.
Vitable Australia’s vitamin subscription has just what you need to help you get the vitamins you need to take care of your teeth and gums:
Calcium plays a key role in maintaining strong teeth and bones. With Vitable’s Calcium Plus, you can get the required amount of calcium needed to maintain teeth and gum health (5).
Apart from its antioxidant properties (6), Vitable’s cranberry supports dental health by helping to reduce and relieve bleeding gums. It also helps maintain gum health.
Given how our teeth are connected to the bones in our gums, it’s important that we have Vitamin D as it plays a vital role in maintaining bone health (6). Vitamin D also assists our body in the absorption of calcium, thus, supporting our dental health.
Subscribe now to Vitable Australia’s vitamin subscription to get started on your personalised vitamin packs for healthier teeth and gums!
*Always read the label. Follow the directions for use. If symptoms persist, talk to your health professional. Vitamin and/or mineral supplements should not replace a balanced diet.
1. National Institute on Aging. “Taking Care of Your Teeth and Mouth”. National Institute on Aging. Published (n.d) on https://www.nia.nih.gov/health/taking-care-your-teeth-and-mouth. Accessed on January 27, 2022.
2. University of Rochester Medical Center. “How to Keep Your Gums and Teeth Healthy”.University of Rochester Medical Center. Published (n.d) on https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/encyclopedia/content.aspx?ContentTypeID=1&ContentID=1409. Accessed January 27, 2022.
3. Country Hills Dentistry. “10 Tips for Healthy Teeth & Gums”. Country Hills Dentistry. Published (n.d.) on https://www.countryhillsdentistry.ca/site/kitchener-dentist-blog/2019/11/12/10-dental-hygiene-tips-for-healthy-teeth-gums. Accessed January 27, 2022.
4. Dr. Pamela Li. “10 Tips for Healthy Gums and Teeth”. Dr. Pamela Li Cosmetic and General Dentist. Published (n.d.) on https://www.drpamelali.ca/tips-healthy-gums-teeth/. Accessed January 27, 2022.
5. Vitable. “Calcium Plus”. Vitable. Published (n.d.) on https://research.vitable.com.au/calcium-plus. Accessed January 27, 2022.
6. Vitable. “Cranberry”. Vitable. Published (n.d.) on https://research.vitable.com.au/cranberry. Accessed January 27, 2022.
7. Vitable. “Vitamin D”. Vitable. Published (n.d.) on https://research.vitable.com.au/vitamin-d. Accessed January 27, 2022